"The Other Woman" is a song written by Jessie Mae Robinson, popularized by Nina Simone and covered by Lana Del Rey. It was released on Del Rey's second major-label studio album Ultraviolence, and serves as the closing track for the standard edition of the album.
On March 19, 2011, Del Rey tweeted the lyrics of "The Other Woman" by Nina Simone, leading some fans to speculate whether the song will be a cover which it was later confirmed to be.
- The title of the song is referenced in the monologue of the "Ride" music video.
- Curls are mentioned in "Fucked My Way Up to the Top", "Marilyn Monroe" and "When the World Was at War We Kept Dancing".
- Written by Jessie Mae Robinson.
- Vocals by Lana Del Rey.
- Produced by Dan Auerbach.
- Engineered by Collin Dupuis.
- Mixed by Robert Orton at Hot Rocks Studios.
- Synthesizer by Dan Auerbach.
- Drums by Nick Movshon.
- Synthesizer, mellotron & saxophone by Leon Michaels.
- Electric guitar by Kenny Vaughan.
- Pedal steel by Russ Pahl.
- Mastered by John Davis at Metropolis Studios, London.