Del Rey described the song as "probably the [one] that's the most different from all the other tracks on the record." She described it as having an "Old World, Italian feel," and classified it as a "weirder" and "filmic" song. She stated that she loves the chorus of the song.
- "Miami" is also mentioned in songs such as "Florida Kilos".
- "Soft ice cream" is also mentioned in "Carmen".
- The "downtown scene" is also mentioned in "Art Deco", "So Legit" and "Dum Dum".
- "Shady blue" is similar to "dark blue" in "Honeymoon".
- "Jazz" is a common theme in "Brooklyn Baby" and "Terrence Loves You".
- "Blues" is a common theme in "Terrence Loves You".
- "Salvatore" is first mentioned in "Backfire".
Del Rey has only performed the song live once. She sang an acapella snippet of it on July 13, 2016, at the Montreux Jazz Festival in Switzerland by audience request.
- Written by Lana Del Rey and Rick Nowels.
- Produced by Lana Del Rey, Rick Nowels, & Kieron Menzies.
- Vocals by Lana Del Rey.
- Orchestration by Patrick Warren.
- Engineered by Kieron Menzies, Trevor Yasuda, & Chris Garcia.
- Pads, mellotron, strings, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, piano, bass, & percussion by Rick Nowels.
- Percussion by Kieron Menzies.
- Live drums & percussion by Brian Griffin.
- Recorded & mixed by Kieron Menzies.
- Mastered by Adam Ayan at Gateway Mastering, Portland, Maine.