"Pin Up Galore" (also known as "Monster") is an unreleased song by Lana Del Rey. It was recorded in 2008 and the studio recording leaked on June 15, 2012. It is unknown who the song was produced by and it is currently unregistered on any music publishing sites. A snippet of a demo titled "Roller Dirby" [sic] leaked on December 4, 2016, and on December 5, 2016, the full version of the demo leaked.
Pin Up Galore was performed at The National Underground on December 2, 2008. On April 24, 2012, the video of Del Rey performing "Pin Up Galore" as Lizzy Grant resurfaced on the channel lanadelreyvideos. The version Del Rey sings contains altered lyrics and is noticeably shorter than the studio version as it seems to be a snippet of a performance, starting from the second chorus. The song was performed again at Arlene's Grocery on February 3, 2009.
- Del Rey mentions the state New Jersey in the song "Hundred Dollar Bill" and a demo of "Motel 6".
- Decorative streamers are mentioned in the demo of "Trash Magic" and the line "I wanna die" is nearly melodically identical to the line "I wanna fly" from the same demo.
- Christmas in mentioned in "Smarty", "Be My Daddy", "Strangelove" and "Trash Magic".
- Del Rey sings about trailer life in many songs, including "Yayo", "Backfire" and "Dangerous Girl".
- Tiaras are mentioned in the demo acapella of "Carmen".
- Blue mascara is also referenced in "Driving in Cars with Boys".
- Reference to "Disco".
Official versions Edit
- Final version – 5:09
- "Roller Dirby" demo version – 2:12