"Motel 6" (also known as "Slow Gin Fizzzz" or "Slo Gin Fizz") is an unreleased song by Lana Del Rey.
"Motel 6" is registered to the Harry Fox Agency as "Motel 6" with the writers credited as Del Rey and The Rural, however four recordings of the track have leaked.
An a cappella demo, similar to the a cappella demo of "Carmen" and "Methamphetamines", leaked on October 5, 2012, followed by a version of the song produced by Jeff Peretz that leaked on February 3, 2013. A home-recorded acoustic demo leaked September 13, 2014, under the title "Slow Gin Fizzzz". A snippet of the version registered with The Rural, recorded in 2010, leaked on August 15, 2016 under the title "Motel 6 (Vicarage)", with the full version leaking the following day on August 16, 2016. A 5th version, produced by David Kahne, has been confirmed by himself via E-mail.
Several stem snippets from The Rural demo leaked on April 18, 2017. These include a cappella, a vocal outtake, a drum and a guitar stem.
- References to Jim are also found in many songs, perhaps most notably "Ultraviolence".
- Reference to Chuck Grant, Del Rey's sister.
- Reference to "Diet Mountain Dew".
- A Pontiac heaven is also mentioned in "Axl Rose Husband".
- The state of New Jersey is also referenced in songs such as "Hundred Dollar Bill", "Pin Up Galore", "Dangerous Girl" and "Methamphetamines".
- Asking about a girl's worth is also a topic in "This Is What Makes Us Girls".
- Cherry pies are also mentioned in songs such as "Cola", "I Was in a Bad Way", "Summer of Sam", "Betty Boop Boop", "Behind Closed Doors" and "Caught You Boy".
- A cappella demo (leaked as Sloe Gin Fizz) — 1:40
- Acoustic demo (leaked as Slow Gin Fizzzz) — 2:26
- Peretz demo/alternate version (leaked as Slo Gin Slo III) — 2:54
- The Rural demo (leaked as Vicarage) — 3:17
The Rural demo versionEdit
Peretz demo versionEdit
A cappella demoEdit
- ↑ HFA Song Code: M7477T