"Ghetto Baby" is a song by Cheryl Cole released in 2012 from her album A Million Lights. The song was written by Lana Del Rey, Roy Kerr and Anu Pillai of Kid Gloves in 2011. Del Rey's demo of the song leaked on August 8, 2012.
Cheryl Cole confirmed Del Rey would be writing for her album in May 2012. According to Cole, the song was composed prior to the success of "Video Games". The song bares close resemblance to "Match Made In Heaven".
The song was well recieved on Cole's album, but some critics noted that Cole sounded too much like Del Rey on the track.
- Many lyrics are also found in the song "Match Made in Heaven".
- A rockstar is mentioned in many songs, such as "Is It Wrong?" and "Big Bad Wolf".
- The lyric "crying tears of gold" appears in "Ultraviolence".
- The lyric "when he's bad, he's bad, but when he's good no one's better" is a paraphrased version of Mae West's famous quote "when I'm good, I'm very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better", from the 1933 film "I'm No Angel"
- "Show me what you got" is referenced in many songs, such as "Caught You Boy".
- "Texaco" is a gas station chain, which is potentially a reference to "Queen of the Gas Station".
- Cheryl Cole – lead vocals, background vocals
- Lana Del Rey – songwriter
- Roy Kerr – songwriter
- Anu Pillai – songwriter
- Kid Gloves – producer, vocal producer
- Mike Marsh – mastering
- Naweed – mastering