"Fucked My Way Up to the Top" (also registered as "Fucked My Way Up") is a song by Lana Del Rey. It was written by Del Rey and Dan Heath. It was released on Del Rey's second major-label studio album Ultraviolence.
On June 9, 2014 Del Rey, in an interview with Grazia magazine, said "It’s about a singer who first sneered about my allegedly not authentic style but later she stole and copied it. And now she’s acting like I am the art project and she the true super artist. My God and people actually believe her, she’s successful! I shouldn't continue ranting, it doesn’t get anywhere."
Before the album was out or the track even previewed, music magazine Billboard described the song as "the best song title on Ultraviolence" along with "Guns and Roses", a sentiment shared by Internet publication Pitchfork Media.
Live performances Edit
- Diamonds and pearls are also mentioned in "I Don't Wanna Go" and "Catch and Release".
- Curls are mentioned in "Marilyn Monroe", "The Other Woman" and "When the World Was at War We Kept Dancing".
- Written by Lana Del Rey & Dan Heath.
- Vocals by Lana Del Rey.
- Produced by Dan Auerbach.
- Engineered by Collin Dupuis.
- Mixed by Robert Orton at Hot Rocks Studios.
- Electric guitar by Dan Auerbach, Kenny Vaughan & Seth Kaufman.
- Electric bass by Nick Movshon.
- Mellotron, synthesizers & piano by Leon Michaels.
- Pedal steel by Russ Pahl.
- Drums by Maximilian Weissenfeldt.
- Drums programmed by Collin Dupuis.
- Mastered by John Davis at Metropolis Studios, London.
- ↑ HFA Song Code: F6697R